With The Hobbit Trilogy now completed as extended edition blu-ray releases, there isn't too much for the fantasy fan.
One of my favourite and underrated movies, Warcraft, is out today.
Now, it wasn't exactly a smash hit, and it certainly wasn't as bad as the critics made it out to be, but it was also not The Lord of the Rings or Game of Thrones epic that was promised from the various convention panels, etc. I gave the film a solid, well-rounded 7/10.
So, today, it arrives on blu-ray. Sadly, there isn't an extended / director's cut version of the film included. Perhaps some day. It is mine, and other fans' hopes that the blu-ray will sell enough that a Warcraft II will get made, or possibly an extended version later on. I mention this because, wasn't it DVD sales that saved Family Guy, as well as a few other shows and films??
Here are the specs, and what's included:
Run Time: Theatrical: 2 Hour(s) 3 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Language & Audio: Blu-ray: English Dolby Atmos / English DVS Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo / Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround / French Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
Subtitles: Blu-ray: English SDH / Spanish / French
Picture: Widescreen / Color
All Blu-ray versions will include:
- The Fandom of Warcraft – Delve into the history and breadth of the fandom behind the game and film, as well as the way it has influenced pop culture.
- ILM: Behind the Magic of Warcraft – See some of the groundbreaking facial capture technology utilized by Industrial Lights & Magic to convey the emotion and depth of the visually impressive Orc characters in the film.
- Warcraft: Bonds of Brotherhood Motion Comic – Take an interactive journey through the official Warcraft graphic novel with a never-before-seen motion comic that brings the story of the film’s young heroes – Prince Llane, Captain Lothar and Guardian Medivh - to life in this unique experience.
- The World of Warcraft on Film
– The “World of Warcraft” is much more than just a game – it is a
cultural phenomenon as documented in this comprehensive multi-part
feature focused on bringing the unique environs of Warcraft to film:
- The World of Talent – Fans can learn more about the casts’ reactions to being a part of the Warcraft film, how they prepared for their role and the challenges they encountered during filming.
- The World of VFX – The Warcraft universe wouldn’t exist without the tireless efforts of the VFX crew. Follow along with the filmmakers as they tell the story of how Warcraft came to life through VFX.
- Outfitting a World – Learn how the filmmakers worked with WETA workshop, Blizzard, and acclaimed costume designer Mayes Rubeo to create the weaponry and armor that must be familiar and otherworldly at the same time, all while creating a unique aesthetic for the film.
- The World of MOCAP – An overview of the creation of the Orcs and other digital characters from inception all the way through to the final execution. Through extensive footage of the actors in their MOCAP suits and live in-camera renderings during production, the audience will see the incredible effort that went into creating the Orcs.
- The World of Stunts – Though much of Warcraft was created through extensive VFX, the fight scenes and stunts had to be very real. In this featurette, fans can learn more about the extensive fight choreography and stunt work that fueled the film’s action from beginning to end.
- Madame Tussauds’ Featurette – Featurette on the making of the Warcraft wax figures by Madame Tussauds.
- Deleted Scenes
- Gag Reel
- Origin Story
- Warcraft Teaser: An early teaser which premiered at San Diego Comic-Con in 2013.